back to school 2

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lunch Bunch

This is the 5th year that I have done Lunch Bunch for the students at our school. I invite each class to eat their lunch in the library (you heard that right!) one time a year. I get to all the classes in the fall semester. I have a class in once a week, on Tuesday, which is a day that I can accommodate all lunch times. The students are so shocked that they get to eat in the library! Of course, they have to be on their best lunch behavior, and over the last 5 years we have had very few spills!

This year, instead of an author study like previous years, we are studying the mystery genre. I first read Olivia and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer then we discuss the mystery using this handout from Scholastic: Ingredients of a Mystery.

(Notice there are no seat pockets on the chairs during Lunch Bunch:). I don't want them to be used as a napkin.)



No comments:

Post a Comment