back to school 2

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello 2014-2015!

Welcome to the Ben Davis Library 2014-2015.


I added a few new items to the library that area really being enjoyed by all!

The first new thing is our Lego table! I made it this summer and it is a huge hit! The tubs of Lego are stored inside the cabinet. The blue square on the top are building plates. I also got a new rug, solid blue, my dream come true:) No more squabbles over who will sit on the "world" that was in the middle of my old rug. This one is much bigger also.
 
Lego table in action. You might wonder when do they have time to play with Legos. Well, during the first half of their library time we have our lesson. In the second half they check their books out. After books are checked out they get to do "extras". Lego is one center-type activity that they rotate through.







 I love this next picture. We have studied Jacques Cousteau a little this year, and the student said this is Jacques Cousteau's boat:)

 
Mrs. Propst let her cute twin bed be housed in the library this year! The students are really enjoying their new reading space!


I love this next picture! Only k-2 students could fit on a bed this way!

 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment