back to school 2

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Birthday Book Club

If you haven't heard of the Birthday Book Club, let me tell you about it! It is a way for you to give a new books to the library and honor your child or grandchild at the same time!
 
Many of you have already done this for this year, but if you haven't heard about it yet...
 
Here is how it works:
 
You pay $20 and fill out the form that follows. Before your child's birthday they get to choose a new book (from about 50 that I have prebought) for the library. I put a bookplate in the front of the book that says it is donated to the library in honor of his or her birthday. I enclose a letter that tells what book was donated, and I take their picture with the book. These books are then kept on a special shelf in my office so that no one checks them out before their birthday.
 
On their birthday your child is the first person to ever check out the book. I deliver the book and hang their picture on a special Birthday Book Club bulletin board! If they already have two books checked out (our normal limit) then their Birthday Book can be a third book for them. That is the only time they are allowed three books on their account!
 
This is a great way for us to get new books in the library and your child gets honored in the process!! I think this is a true win-win situation!
 
Some answers to questions that have come up.
*If the birthday is on the weekend or holiday I deliver it the Friday before.
*If the birthday is in the summer I deliver it at the first part of May.
*But if the birthday is late summer I can deliver it at the very first of the year.
I am flexible! If you would rather celebrate the child's half birthday we can do that!








These pictures show the variety of books that the students can pick out!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment