back to school 2

Friday, November 1, 2013

Book Character Day!

I love Halloween at Ben Davis because it is the day to dress like a book character!  Here are some pictures to enjoy. I couldn't get around to everyone since I did have classes to teach, but here is a sampling of some great costumes!


 








Clark Kent!















I was informed this is not Cinderella and Waldo, it is Cinderella and Waldo's girlfriend, Wenda.

So much time and effort go into Halloween costumes!









I love that they are twins and have twin books! (Who cares if they don't match their outfits!)


This is fantastic! His mom made this paper mache head that he could take on and off!

This one cracked me up! A perfect Big Nate!






Even some of the library volunteers dressed up!

And this whole family dressed up! Fabulous!


This is Pete the Cat and His (her!) Four Groovy buttons (she brought a different book). She is in my Fabulous Friday Sewing Class, and the week before we had learned to sew on buttons. She sewed her own buttons on her costume!! How's that for applying what you learn!

And me as Amelia Bedelia. I introduced her to some of our students who had never read about her. Some students already knew her and loved the look I read.
 
Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. these are all SO super great!
    thanks for doing what you do, Mrs. Patterson! you're great!

    ReplyDelete