back to school 2

Monday, January 20, 2014

Tacky Day

This past Friday the Student Council sponsored a Tacky Day! The students could dress tacky or dress like Tacky the Penguin, which is a book by Helen Lester. I thought this was a very cute idea! I took some pictures and have decided to post them here on my blog, since it is all based on a book that we have in the library:)

Here's a review of the book from Publishers Weekly:

None of the penguins can tolerate Tacky's loud habits--until they scare off a pack of hunters. PW declared that "this book is must reading for any kid--or grown-up--who refuses to follow the pack."

 

 Haha. This is going to be his Birthday Book Club picture!
 Mrs. M (complete with penguin hat) and her sister - looking good!




 
Roll Tide to you both! Hmmm...I don't think this is tacky!






 I don't know who this person is:), but she does have on a Hawaiian shirt like Tacky wore.
 
 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment