back to school 2

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dr. Seuss Week - Day 4 - I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

Today was I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! day.
We wore shirts that you could read in honor of that book!
I saw all sorts of shirts with words on them!
Dr. Seuss shirts
This boy and his mom have created a fantastic participation outfit every day!
This one has a fabulous quote from our book of the day painted on the front!
 
I see some words on the sleeve of this one, but I also saw a green eggs and ham barrette in her hair -  that went with her shirt!

I HAVE to find me a "Keep Calm and Read On" shirt for next year!
Shout out to our teachers for participating every day!
Cuteness
 
More fantastic teacher participation!
We had a super guest reader today! He dressed for our theme with a jacket you could read...

and a shirt you could read! He also talked about the importance of reading!!


A picture with his grandson.
 
We had a play today, which had nothing to do with wearing a shirt that you could read,
except that I saw lots of readable shirts in the audience!

I can't get enough of these kindergarteners! I especially like the double do of readable shirts!

I saw Alabama shirts,
and Auburn shirts,

and shirts for lots of other teams!

And how great is this!! Our cafeteria workers wore shirts that we could read! Way to go!
There were all kinds of everything!



"Relaxing" in the library.







 



And, of course, all sorts of Ben Davis shirts!!





Thanks to all who participated! Tomorrow is Cat in the Hat day! I can't wait!
Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment